Wednesday, March 19, 2003

What the...?

Dude, am I crazy, or didn't I post something yesterday? I can't remember what it was exactly, but I feel like I did.

Anyway, today sucks. It was the last show of my favorite morning radio host, Harry Harrison, the Morning Mayor on WCBS 101 FM. I overslept big time and ConEd woke me up TO CHECK MY METER. Later the other ConEd guy came to tell me that they'd be back in an hour. I just don't want to go into the whole ConEd thing anymore. My throat hurts, and the phlegm is starting, which means I've smoked myself into being sick and I have voice class today. All I've eaten since 7 pm yesterday was a bunch of little pretzel sticks, because I don't have any food in my house. Ugh.

I dreamed that Angelus was menacing me, and I gave him the "Piss Off!" fingers, then warded him off by crossing my two pointer fingers. He bit me on the hand and started, well, that thing that vampires do, and I reached with my other hand into my jewelry box for my grandmother's rosary to smite him with. There were also trained, talking monkeys, a street all messed up and rubbly called William Street (not Williams, Jesus Christ, Tom Robbins, I expected better), a school at which I volunteered, some Spike, stakes, and one of those things you light a Bunsen Burner with, but made of plastic. It was all very weird. But of course, I'm on a full blown early-Buffy kick right now.

Speaking of, "Innocence" is probably one of the best episodes of Buffy ever. Angel loses his soul, Willow catches Xander and Cordelia kissing, Oz gives the famous "freeze frame" speech in the van, Spike and Drusilla assemble the Judge, Angelus menaces, Buffy realizes Miss Calendar knows something and stalks into her classroom, grabbing her by the throat and pushing her down on the desk(!!best scene ever!!), Miss Calendar's creepy uncle (Calderash people! Jenny's a gypsy!) is killed by Angelus, Xander gets Buffy a rocket launcher for her birthday, they use it on the Judge at the mall, Buffy and Angel fight for the first time, and Buffy, rather than staking Angel and ruining any chance for further angst, pain, and spinoff, kicks him in the groinal area, while the mall sprinklers are soaking everything. It was like three episodes rolled into one. As far as excitement and surprise, I can only think of one episode that comes close, and that's "Becoming Part II," where Buffy sends Angel to hell after his soul has been restored. I loved "Graduation Day" and I sure was surprised when Buffy jumped off that big tower, but for an all around wonderful episode, "Innocence" is it. Did I mention Oz?

No comments: