Friday, March 07, 2003

I Dreamed a Dream

Very strange dream last night. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom so that's why I remember it (usually I only remember the morning dreams). I was living in a house with a bunch of other people. The Beast from Angel was coming to get us. We had done the sanctuary spell, but it must not have worked. We were running all over the house, trying to let everyone know what was happening. There were blankets and towels and sweaters everywhere. The top floor had dozens of bedrooms, off of the main house in small wings that were two or three steps down. I found a little girl in a crib and I knew she was a twin, and I told her to be very quiet and covered her up. But then The Beast had come, and everyone in the world was subjugated to him. It was very strange. Then I was in a sort of stadium, forced to watch The Beast's show or something. Metallica was there. They were chatting it up with him. I was very sad. Everything was terrible. The boy sitting with me kissed the inside of my elbow and it made me happy. I said, "I can't believe I'm smiling. I never thought I would smile again." Then I started looking at this strange map that had hair growing out of it and I realized that there was no reason to be happy, because we were all doomed to be slaves to The Beast, even if it didn't seem so bad yet, it was going to be terrible and nothing would ever be right again. Then I cried. I don't know what happened next, but it involved my recurring dream confrontation with a toilet set out in the middle of a room with no privacy. That's probably why I got up to pee.

I think I had the dream because of Bush's press conference last night. He sure didn't disappoint. He still can't say "sacrifice" or pronounce "nuclear." One reporter even asked him if he could tell Americans what to expect economically from an invasion -- as in, if there is war, what should we expect to sacrifice? -- and he answered it very defensively, not actually answering the question at all, but repeating that any economic costs of an attack on America would outweight the cost of attacking Iraq. Dude! That's not what he asked! He wasn't questioning the validity of an attack on Iraq, but asking a question many Americans would like the answer to, because this thing is inevitable, and I want to know if I should start buying store brand shampoo. Other people might question if they should put off buying a new car or new home. I mean, duh! He said the same thing that was in his opening remarks over and over, until I was screaming so loud that I couldn't even understand what I was screaming. And W, people pray for Pat Sajak and Derek Jeter, so don't be so flattered that people pray for you, m'kay? Also, show a little deceny and stop smiling flirtatiously at every female reporter you call on and holding a look of smug superiority when you're listening to a question. Hey, way to answer a question about US arrogance with and arrogant reply! And reporters, next time, ask this question: "Mr. President, for the american people, so they understand, what exactly do you mean by disarmament, and how long should it take to disarm all of the weapons you believe Iraq has, if everyone who could worked day and night on it? Because you seem to talk as if it is an instantaneous action."

In the imomortal words of Morales, "Jesus Christ!"

No comments: