Tuesday, March 11, 2003

More Evidence Of Human Self-Absorption

If we lived in some science-fiction reality where man lived in hives and had to adhere to a very strict code of behavior (wash hair at exactly 8 am, check into headquarters every 12 hours, etc.) the sentient robots would be taking away people left and right. Oh, it wouldn't be because of rebellion, but because people are stupid and don't pay attention. It would be all, "I'm supposed to wash my hair when? Nobody told me. Oh, I can't be bothered to read the giant glowing screen of rules in front of my bed. I get to the third one and I get distracted. I mean, have you ever had a hangnail? Those things'll drive you crazy! Hey, what's that big, sharp, metal thing?" People either don't listen or think they are too good for the rules. That the rules that apply to everyone else don't apply to them. Ever wonder why there are so many people in prison in America? Sure, the sentencing laws are ridiculous, but still people just do whatever the hell they want to or are to stupid to know what's acceptable. This is why communism isn't more successful, and also why Jeopardy! has gotten so much easier lately.

No comments: