Thursday, January 02, 2003

What's Snoo With You?

Happy 2003, kids. Never one to let me down, our illustrous president has given me the quote of the day.

"You said we're headed to war in Iraq. I don't know why you say that," Bush told reporters. "I'm the person who gets to decide, not you. And I hope this can be done peacefully."

I'm so glad he's the person who gets to decide. Good thing we're not worried about all those pesky checks and balances any more. Whew!

You know, I keep having this feeling that Saddam Hussein has never had any intention of attacking America. It seems like he prefers to wreak havoc in his own country, where he feels very powerful. I mean, you'd have to be a total dumbass to want be the leader of a sovereign nation and think about attacking America. Terrorists, I understand. They're not beholden to any government, nor do they have any power of their own. Nothing to lose. But Saddam has a lot to lose.

So, what did you do for New Year's Eve? I got pretty terrifically drunk, but I was at the home of friends and I was able to pass out on their futon. I still hold the title of Last Woman Standing, thank you very much. The next day was painful and miserable, but after a nap, some Coke and an Iron Chef marathon, I felt up to trudging home. I'm sure this isn't the best way to spend the first day of the year, but again, the calendar is completely arbitrary as to the "beginning" of a year. I mean, it happens in the first few weeks of a season, for goodness' sake. Anyway, according to the news last night, I'm a binge drinker. They define it as having five or more drinks at one time. On the weekends, I definitely fit that category, and I don't really go out during the week anymore. I'm too old to be doing this to my body, but I'm going to have to train myself to drink slower and less. It's not good when you're hungover from your hangover.

No comments: