Tuesday, January 28, 2003

More Vindication for Me

I've been saying for years that people who walk down the street talking on their cell phones don't look where they're going -- in fact it would be difficult to carry on a conversation while doing so. My friend disagrees, saying it's the same as talking to a person next to you. Now some fine scientists from Utah are finding that drivers who use cell phones, get a kind of "tunnel vision" while talking. This totally jibes with my observations of pedestrians on cell phones. Often, they are looking down at the sidewalk, and not looking around or taking notice of other pedestrians or vehicle traffic. Of course, this is true of most of the self-absorbed nincompoops wandering around the city streets, but I have much more trouble with the talk-and-walkers. When, oh when, will people just accept that I am always right?

No comments: