Friday, January 24, 2003

Good Morning, World

Well, Salon has gotten all uppity about free information, so I'm switching to Google for my news. If I had a nickel for every action I took based on "the principle of the thing," I'd have a nice pocketful of change. Today's most compelling (to me) headlines?

In vitro fertilization is being linked to cancer. Sure, it's just a preliminary finding, but I'll bet we hear more about this.

Nell Carter died yesterday. Gimme a break! I loved her!

OK, somebody help me out here. The United Nations isn't just around to rubber stamp its members' declarations of war, is it? Isn't the idea to come to diplomatic resolutions to conflict? Wouldn't you assume there might be some disagreement on what the resolution should be? Why is everyone so shocked that Germany and France aren't kissing Secretary Powell's ass? I'm starting to really believe that things would run a lot more smoothly if all politicians and world leaders were either women or eunuchs. That's right, you heard me. I'm proposing political castration across the board. Maybe without all that testosterone fuzzing up their brains, these guys could accomplish logical thought.

Sheesh.

No comments: