Monday, January 13, 2003

Oy, What a Lost Cause

I'm sure Joe Lieberman really wants to be president and maybe even believes it could happen. But I highly doubt it. He didn't really endear himself during the Gore campaign, and he's Jewish. Sure, he'll win New York and Florida, but it's as likely a candicacy as Jesse Jackson's and Elizabeth Dole's. This country isn't going to have it. In fact, if the next president isn't a Southerner, I'll be surprised. It's been white men from the South (and Texas) since 1988. I'd much rather have a president who doesn't identify religiously, like Clinton (c'mon, you think that wasn't all just for the cameras?). I know people keep forgetting about that old separation of church and state, but you know, it's in there. And if we do elect a Jewish president in my lifetime, I would prefer it not be Lieberman, because he scares me. He makes sounds of censorship and is strongly pro-Israel, which America really doesn't need right now. I'm not afraid to say that I think we shouldn't be taking sides in that freaking powderkeg. Hey, my foreign policy is a little shaky, though, so don't ask me what the right move is. I just know I'm not thrilled with the status quo.

Bring on the hate mail.

No comments: