Monday, January 06, 2003

Move Over, Gary Wright!

I got my brand-spanking-new SunRise alarm clock this weekend. I still overslept this morning, but I guess I just need to get used to it. I definitely felt less surly. I just didn't want to get out of bed. During my post alarm naps, I dreamed some weird stuff, of course.

I dreamed I was in my parents' cabin in Tennessee, but it was a little different of course. I couldn't keep the lights turned off, because they kept going on and off by themselves. Then I saw my Christmas tree was on (and with blinking lights), but I knew I had taken it down. I saw it in three pieces (it's artificial), then when I went to the closet where I was sure I had stored it, it wasn't on the floor anymore. I chalked it all up to ghosts, which, even in the dream seemed a little odd. I dreamed it was 10:22 and I was going to have to call in late to work. Earlier, I dreamed that I was in college, and I was looking at my Palm Pilot. For some reason I had scheduled exercise at 8 am, like that was ever going to happen, so I deleted it. I said to the kids nearby that I was so glad it was my last year because my classes were spaced out and I didn't have to rush off right after class. Danny Masterson was in my class, and he told me he liked my leather jacket, but I scoffed because it's just the regular kind, nothing special. I dreamed I jumped some chick because she bothered me. For the first time ever, I prevailed in a fight in my dreams. This is, of course, something I would never do in real life. But it was satisfying in the dream. I also dreamed about all three of my most recent jobs, as if they were one. I think my brain was just trying to get my ass out of bed. Lights are connected to the alarm clock and the fight is connected to karate, which I have tonight. Everything else is pretty obvious. I wish I could remember my first dream of the night. That one gets lost in the ether.

Just as an aside, The New York Sun should just give up. They're still giving away free papers to drum up interest. I didn't take one because I don't have time to read it, and also, their crossword is annoying (read: too hard for me).

No comments: