Tuesday, January 07, 2003

New York Seven, Here I Come

I'm so excited. The Republicans are coming! The Republicans are coming! Just think how good it will be, economically, for New York. Just think of all the visitors and press and, you guessed it, protests! I'd just love to be part of something nutty. I never have been arrested. I'm not saying that lightly, either. I know what it means to be arrested, to have that on your record. I just don't feel as civily disobedient as I should be. I have until next year to pick a cause. Should it be reproductive rights? Gay marriage? Oil drilling? Constitutional liberties? General anti-Bush sentiment? There's just so much to choose from. I want to pick something middle-of-the-road, though. Nothing so fluffy that it goes unnoticed, but nothing so militant that it results in a walloping with a nightstick. I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: