Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Almost Famous

Who the hell is Erik Van Detten, and what qualifies him as a celebrity? Since when is Michael Boatman -- an actor I like, but who is hardly a household name -- a celebrity? ABC's Celebrity Mole Hawaii has just gone too far. I mean, if you're playing Pyramid, okay, I'll let you get away with "celebrity." But this is prime time. If the average person can't place your name with your face, you ain't no celebrity. I'll accept Frederique, because Victoria's Secret models always win. Maybe people even know who host Ahmad Rashad is, and Corbin Bersen and Kim Coles have just made themselves ubiquitous in the "celebrity game show" genre. Sure, I know Stephen Baldwin, but he is a Baldwin, and he was on Young Riders (drool), so that's a given.

Speaking of Young Riders (because I can't waste any more of my brain power on The Mole), Josh Brolin (an erstwhile Pony Express rider) has a new show coming out, where he's the kind of Congressman we wish we had. I guess the popularity of President Bartlett is catching on.

God, I hate this. Last night and this morning I had a bunch of things I wanted to bitch about, but they've gone, poof! I need a computer at home, or perhaps I could be a normal person and just keep a journal. All right, I do keep a journal, but it's more like a memoir, so it's very steamy. Rants wouldn't fit in. Okay, you got me, it's not steamy, more like "true confessions," in the "what the hell was I thinking?" category.

No comments: