Monday, December 30, 2002

Forget That Acquaintance, Willya?

Last post before 2003!

Reflection. Worked at the BID, arranged my mom's funeral, went to Hawaii, threw a few events, almost fell in love, saw my friend Betsy get married, got a new niece, went to the best lake ever, saw a few movies and a few plays, caught The Who and Robert Plant in concert, slept around, drank too much, smoked too much, tried a new illegal substance, didn't like it, changed jobs, lost my good perks, took up karate, found a great piano bar, boycotted Pieces, made new friends, started blogging, got sunburned, went to two parades, used the public library, decorated for the holidays, stopped going clubbing (for lack of clubs), bought one new pair of boots, hung out in Ithaca, drove to Cincinnati with Larue and actually drove, gave up red meat, started eating it again, started drinking more caffeine, stopping again, quit smoking, started again, ate far too much food from McDonald's, overslept, went to IKEA, got a couch and a shelf and a bookcase, made my apartment more homey, became a member of PBS, did my fifth AIDSWalk, and generally did the living thing.

Resolutions. To be more positive. To make myself happy. To get to work on time. To be tolerant of stupid people. To get to karate twice a week and voice lessons once a week. To spend less money on cigarettes and booze. To take a vacation somewhere warm and sandy. To sing as much as possible. To visit with my friends more. To see more movies and plays and watch less bad television. To be a nice person. To be nicer to my father.

Hopes for the new year. No war with Iraq or anyone else, for that matter. Improved economy, especially my personal economy. To meet a nice man. Development of some kind of singing project for me. Repeal of the smoking ban. Capture of Osama bin Laden, already. More people voting and becoming politically active. Fewer teenagers wearing thongs and giant pants (too much to ask, I know). A new album from The Who. Happiness and safety and comfort and love.

Have a happy New Year, and a safe New Year's Eve. They don't call it "Amateur Night" for nothing.

No comments: