Friday, April 25, 2003

TV is Hell, Hell is For Me

What's a 90210 reunion show without Donna, Steve and David? At least they got Shannen Doherty and those two old guys. Who am I kidding? I never watched that show.

OJ Simpson says he'd be interested in being TV commentator for the Robert Blake trial. You just know that whatever network executive decides to hire him for that gig will burn in hell for all eternity. Or at least lose some hair.

The Dixie Chicks were on TV last night, while Diane Sawyer nodded gravely at them. I love those ladies. I heard a part of Michael Moore's Oscar speech that I missed the first go-round: "And when you've got the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, your time is up!" The backlash against them just shows how any mouth-breathing, jingoist, um, crapheads, there are in this country. Maybe I'm all wrong about this American thing. Who wants to be part of a country of imbeciles?

PBS continues to put on the best reality shows. I saw 1900 House, Frontier House and 1940 House, and thought they were all great. I like the idea of putting modern day people into real historical settings. I'd like to try it myself, but probably only when they have Haight-Ashbury House or A Day in the Life of Cleopatra. I could really get behind those concepts.

And that's today's TV news!

No comments: