Thursday, April 24, 2003

Post Script

As usual, I speak too soon. I just read the transcript of Santorum's interview. I see that he's making a moral argument against adultery, not supporting existing laws. I also see that the guy, like many outspoken conservatives, is tragically sexually repressed, and obsessed with the idea of "family" as the essence of America. He also doesn't think the Supreme Court should be able to challenge the Constitutionality of states' laws. That's very interesting.

Just one more comment: if I never marry or have children, am I not an important member of this society? Are we all finally judged by our involvement in a "traditional" family? That's just so ridiculous. I think this guy should stick around as the RNC Chairman, 1) because he's a reactionary weirdo, and 2) because then he'll be in New York next year and I can throw stuff at him.

No comments: