Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I'm Lookin' For the Man Who Shot My Paw

Only in California would they pass a law banning declawing cats. Of course, the anti-liberty movement seems to start in California these days, so it should get to us soon enough.

Personally, I'm against declawing cats. It's mean, and just plain icky. Would you want to have the first joint of each of your fingers removed? Yuck. When I had Jean-Paul, I kept his nails clipped. It was easy enough to do. Plus, it was a nice bonding experience for us. I miss my big, fat, fuzzy guy. But I digress.

Cat declawing is gross, and fewer vets should do it. But cats are still cats, not people. Heck, I think parents own their children until they reach a certain age, so certainly people own their pets. Some amount of physical or behavioral modification should be allowed. It just seems like there are way too many laws, period. Just because there is a law-making body, they don't have to be making up new shit all the time. They won't get fired for not meeting their "law quota."

No comments: