Tuesday, December 03, 2002

Walking in a Nuclear Winterland

It's 19 degrees Fahrenheit in New York City this morning. They said that with the wind it should feel like zero. ZERO. What's wrong with this picture? I can barely tolerate it. Maybe it's because it's the first time it's gotten this cold since spring, and I'm not used to it, but I really can't function in this kind of weather. In the morning, the prospect of leaving my down-filled burrito is daunting. Taking a shower requires filling the bathroom with steam before I can even get out of my warm jammies. Hats limit hair options. Turtlenecks, sweaters and pants make me look dumpy and boring. I always lose all the little extras, like scarves and gloves. Trying to retrieve my Metrocard with gloves on is hopeless. Big coats mean more contact with my fellow public transportation passengers, ew. My nose gets cold! Really, really cold! But if I put my scarf over it, the hot air from my mouth causes it to run. Exposing the nose back to the cold creates snotcicles. This is just a no-win situation.

Let's check Monster.com for openings in Honolulu...

No comments: