Monday, December 23, 2002

Ho, Ho, Ho... Oh, Forget It

I'm not recovering well from the weekend. Thankfully, nothing is going on at the office today. I have to bake cookies tonight for the two dinners I'm going to this week. Little green butter cookies in adorable holiday shapes. They're so easy, even I can make them. Actually, holiday snacks are my best dishes. I made the family cheese ball for my company party on Friday, and it was a big hit. Cream cheese, crushed and well-drained pineapple, chopped green bell pepper and a little seasoned salt, mixed well and sprinkled with chopped walnuts. Or, if you don't have a nut chopper, you can always put the walnuts in a Baggie and hit them with a hammer, like I did.

It's nice of my friends to invite me to their homes for Christmas dinner. In some way, though, it makes me even more aware of being alone. This is the second Christmas in a row that I've been boyfriend-free for the holidays, not to mention the other thing. Who's going to wake me up with hot chocolate on Christmas morning or stuff my stocking with little candy bars and tangerines? I just realized that this is really the first year I'll be waking up alone on Christmas morning. There's always been someone, at least my Mom. Wow, that's nice and depressing.

I think the song "Boogie Fever" is really underrated. I love a song that includes some reference to heat and dancing, like "Disco Inferno" or "Hot, Hot, Hot." That's good stuff.

No comments: