Wednesday, December 18, 2002

The Laughs Keep on Coming...

Just as I predicted, people are up in arms over the use of the word "lynch" in Lott-related comments. Last night on the news, some group was blaming a state senator from New York for "marginalizing" blacks by using the term, but in fact, he was referring to the statement made by Senator Shelby. I laughed and laughed. I kind of feel sorry for Lott, because Bush is leaving him hanging out to dry, but hey, if you're going to be a politician, learn to watch your mouth. He has to step down as majority leader, but he won't lose his Senate seat, so I don't feel too sorry for him.

One thing's for sure, PC is alive and well.

In other news, New York finally has a gay rights law. Sadly, it does not include transgendered people. I think transgendered people need as much or more protection from discrimination than your average gay person, so this doesn't make sense to me. Also, it's usually a more obvious issue, making discrimination more likely. Well, next go round, I guess.

No comments: