Friday, December 06, 2002

The Internerd

Sometimes I can't stand the fact that other people with whom I seemingly have nothing in common with read the same things that I do, specifically rabbit blog and The Onion. I mean, how can a guy who enjoys writing a blog about appellate legislation enjoy this stuff? I need more obscure interests. Actually, I need to stop reading other people's blogs ('cept rabbit's), because it makes me crazy. I'm not ready for the world to be this small/big yet. This is why I don't belong to fan clubs or message boards for Buffy or Prince; I get creeped out by lots of other people being really into the same things I'm really into. Especially when they're superfans, because that's just scary. I could never collect anything because that's just a decent into madness waiting to happen. I have some stuff that's the same as other stuff I have, but I'm not nearly a completionist on anything. I haven't even read Stephen King's latest book yet, and that's my big one, though I'm sure there are people out there who have eight copies of each book, signed, and weird eBay stuff like Stevie's used Kleenex. Yikes. Still, at least those people are passionate about something.

No comments: