Friday, December 06, 2002

Busy Day

Sorry for the incessant posting, but I had to note that Strom "The Devil" Thurmond has turned 100 years old. I'd also like to say that for years I thought Strom Thurmond was in Cool Hand Luke and delivered the famous line, "What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach." Of course, that was actually Strother Martin, but you can see my confusion, can't you? Regardless of his lack of movie credits, for some reason people like this racist, and actually believe he's changed his ways. Oh, sure, I believe that he, because he saw the light, allowed his daughter to go to an integrated school, not because he saw the way the wind was blowing and wanted to stay in office. Hmph. Well, happy birthday, Strom. Way to keep South Carolina in the Dark Ages.

No comments: