Monday, December 16, 2002

Fa, La, La, La, La

Got the Christmas trees and all the other holiday decorations up. My living room (blue room) tree is white with blue and silver ornaments and blue lights. My kitchen (green room) tree is made out of green and gold tinsel and decorated with just white lights. I love the smell of tinsel! That's the real smell of Christmas. It pleases me.

After a brief hiatus, I'm going back to karate tonight. I should be getting the second stripe on my belt after this class. I'm also going to attempt to make it to more than two classes a week for a while, to catch up. Plus, it's cookie season.

Speaking of cookies, I'll soon be making my traditional buttery spritz cookies with my fancy cookie press. OK, it's not fancy, but it is made of plastic and can press cookies in a variety of shapes. I prefer to dye the dough green and make mini-evergreen trees with sugar sprinkles. I know it's lame to make only one kind of cookie, but they're easy, and who do I really have to give cookies to, anyway? By New Year's I'm pushing them on my co-workers. But no, nobody wants to eats sweets. What a bunch of wimps.

By the way, this section is my subtle way of saying I feel better. Of course I'd feel much better with trip to a tropical isle, but who wouldn't?

No comments: