Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Protecting the Stupid is a Full-Time Job

"The 56-year-old man said he weighed 272 pounds, had heart attacks in 1996 and 1999 and has diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He said he ate fast food for decades, believing it was good for him until his doctor cautioned him otherwise."

If this case isn't thrown right out of court, I will have lost all faith in the civil judicial system. I mean, even if you didn't know that red meat and fried foods can make you fat, wouldn't you notice that you were getting fat? Doy.

In other news, I'll be performing tonight. It's pretty strange. I don't know how I got into this, but I'll be singing "Officer Krupke" from West Side Story at a fetish club. I'm a little worried about how it will come off, even if I manage to sing it well. It gets very high at the end. But I didn't want to let my friend down once I agreed to do it. Oh well, it's just 4 minutes of my life, then I can go home. If you're interested, the club is Gomorrah, at Opaline, Avenue A between 5th and 6th Streets. It opens at 9, but I'm not going on until 11:45. Admission is on a sliding scale, so the freakier you are, the better.

There was something else I wanted to post, but I can't remember it right now.


No comments: