Tuesday, September 24, 2002

I Can See Your Bloomies!

If you live in NYC and enjoy fashion, I suggest taking the trip up to Bloomingdales. Not for shopping of course, but for the window. The Lexington Avenue window is always wonderful, but the current display is cheeky and clever and makes you read. It's also subtle; I had to read an article about Mr. Verdi in The New York Observer before I realized that some of the fashion show audience were actually caricatures (Mr. Verdi is the one thinking about Vreeland). I could have guessed Nicky and Paris Hilton from the overdone "smoky" eyes, but the name tags were helpful. If all this means nothing to you, carry on. Otherwise, you should visit the store soon, because the exhibits don't last for too long, and this one has been up for a week already. By the way, the 59th Street corner window tells us that the now thing is "the new hobo," which will feature leopard print, fringed crescent bags that cost upwards of $100. Very hobo.

No comments: