Monday, September 09, 2002

Hello, Monday

Just another day at the old salt mines. I so didn't make it out on Sunday night. While taking my second midday nap, I dreamed I was going, but when I woke up, sweaty and disoriented, tangled in my stripey duvet, at 9 pm, I realized I'd be staying in for the night.

So what are your plans for Wednesday? I'm going to be sitting with my fingers in my ears, chanting, "La la la la la la la" all day. I just want to be able to get through the day without having to recount my personal experience of 9/11/02 or listening to someone else do it. Just Say No to Reminiscence. Let's go somewhere and listen to rock 'n' roll music.

Latest Lesson Learned: If you plan on spending time in a hot tub, take it easy on the booze, or at least drink plenty of water as well. Oy, what a hangover.

Item! Kelly Clarkson won American Idol. Too bad she's under contract to record those two really sucky ballads. Maybe I'll try out for AI next year. I can be ridiculously over-the-top, and they'll have to show me in the first round audition episode. Then they show my clip in future shows, because no one can believe how nutty I was. It'll be like, "Can you believe that old chick sang 'Seventy-Six Trombones' while stripping? Kee-razy!"

No comments: