Monday, September 23, 2002

Live Long and Hack The Planet?

I caught Hackers on TV last night during the Emmy's-induced moviefest on the other networks. I know it's not terribly realistic, but being the computer geek groupie that I am, I've always loved this movie. OK, the special monitor effects are a little cheesy, but how exciting is real hacking to the casual observer? Pretty drool-worthy, catatonia-wise. The weird thing I noticed this time is how much Kate Libby (Angelina Jolie) looks like Enterprise's Vulcan officer T'Pol. The actress who plays T'Pol is named Jolene. Interesting. (So why did they change her name from T'Pau? Didn't they want to go the "she's the head Vulcan in later episodes" route? I loved that song T'Pau did. Still one of my favorites. Anyway.)

Dude! I just realized that the "universally stupid" junior hacker Joey is played by Jesse "Swim Fan" Bradford. I thought he was the dreamiest in Bring It On. They have that movie at the library. I'm getting it again. OK, tangent over.

No comments: