Monday, September 30, 2002

Broadway Baby

I've become totally obsessed with musical theater lately. Yes, I've always been a very big fan, but recently it's been creeping into everything. I just borrowed Carousel and Showboat from the library, because I've never seen them. How can I say I'm a Rodgers and Hammerstein fan if I've never seen Carousel? Just disgusting.

Last Friday I spent nearly six hours in a basement piano bar, screeching along with the rest of the gang. It was just criminal how many songs I was unfamiliar with. I should know Gypsy. I should know Funny Girl. A song or two here, or just the chorus, is not going to cut it. Don't ask me why I care, I haven't dug that deeply yet. I'm more than a little afraid of what I might find when I go there. For the moment I'll just accept it as a creepy new hobby.

No comments: