Monday, September 23, 2002

More (and Less) Than Potted Meat

I opened up my personal e-mail account to 49 new messages, 44 of which were spam. The remaining 5 were from lists I am on. How very sad. I unplug my phone for a week and the only voice mails are from pre-recorded telemarketing machines. The only person to call my cell phone in the past week was a friend letting me know that CBS was rerunning Survivor on Saturday. Why do I have this infernal technology if it never gets used?

Hey, who else was pleasantly surprised to see Michael Chiklis win the Emmy for best lead actor in a drama series? I loved him in The Commish. I haven't seen The Shield, but I understand (I saw some previews on FX) that it's a big departure for him. I'm glad he dragged his acceptance speech out.

Speaking of the Emmys, I am more eager than ever to find out where I have seen Peter Krause before. I'm convinced he played a gay character in a "gay" movie, possibly more than once. Before I go to imdb.com, I'm going to guess Long Time Companion and Jeffrey. Back in a flash!

*****************************************

Gah! Of course! Sports Night! How could I be so very, very dense? He played Casey. I am so ashamed. Carry on, people, nothing to see here.

No comments: