Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Place Your Bets

In an effort to dig myself out of this hole of ennui, I'm going to stop self-medicating with booze, nicotine and red meat for a while. I don't know how long it will last, but I've been living like I have PMS for months now, and it's ridiculous. If McDonald's gave out green stamps, I'd have a McCar right about now. Full-size, not Happy Meal size (I already have one of those). I figure that if I'm not smoking or drinking or weighing myself down with grease-burgers, lying around my apartment and staring into space will get boring and I'll get off my ass and do something. Mondays and Thursdays I have karate, but I still just lie on the couch immediately afterward, smoking and flipping the remote control over the same 7 stations for hours until I crawl into bed.

Wow, that sounds really depressing. I need to buy a latch-hook rug kit. Also, I'll pick up another book from the library tonight. Maybe I could paint my toenails, too. That's an activity.

And you all thought my life was fascinating.

No comments: