Friday, September 13, 2002

I Dream of... Lions?

Last night I had a long and involved dream which centered around the fact that there was another world that lies just under this one, and I don't mean underground, but under the surface. If you knew about it, you could make it real, or you could obscure it, by banging this special, carved stick that had three or so forks against the ground. The main feature of this world was big, very dark brown lions. They were sweet and nice, too, but they were constantly getting killed by all the cars in this world. There was a group of people, that I had just joined, who were on a mission to protect the lions. At one point, I was in a truck with one of the people in the group, and I was telling him what my favorite bands are. We even talked about seeing The Who. Interestingly enough, I dreamed my actual favorite bands, not some mumbo jumbo, as most things usually come out in dreams.

Someone else was dreaming today, but unfortunately, he was behind the wheel of a Town Car! As I was waiting for the light to change at 59th Street and Lexington Avenue, I saw him. The light was green, but he wasn't going anywhere. In fact, his eyes were closed and his head was thrown back. Drivers honked their horns, as they are wont to do at even the slightest hesitation, but he didn't move! A discussion sprang up on the corner about whether he might be dead. Thankfully, before anyone had to go knock on his window to assess the situation, he woke up. Was I ever relieved! I was absolutely sure he had croaked with his car in park. But then, I have a history of thinking sleeping people are dead. Usually there are drugs involved, though.

No comments: