Thursday, September 26, 2002

Doctor, My Eyes... My Eyes! My Eyes! Aaaaaaaargh!

Granted, while I was watching the premiere of MDs last night I was about 2 sheets to the wind, but I have to say, ease up on the angst, guys! As I predicted, this show is very M*A*S*H-like, without the laughtrack. Where it's supposed to be funny it's funny. But where it's supposed to be dramatic, it's so melodramatic that it's funny. Bad fake roof set. Such an obvious green screen. Interesting casting decisions. I really hope they back off on the tortured-soul scenery chewing or I won't be able to take it. It'll have to become a drinking game show. Every time the rogue surgeon dodges the mean administrative lady in the hallway, drink. Every time the rogue surgeon is reminded what a horrible father he is, drink. Every time the cute Scottish doctor brings up his time in Bosnia, drink. Every time the new director runs away from blood, drink. Every time the idealistic new intern gazes admiringly at her two "gonzo" mentors, drink. Hmm, maybe we should play this with lemonade so no one gets alcohol poisoning.

No comments: