Friday, August 30, 2002

Sometimes "88" Is Just "Eighty-eight"

I find it terribly hard to believe that a clothing manufacturer deliberately put encoded pro-Hitler messages on clothes and sold them to Target. Could it be possible that the number 88 is just aesthetically pleasing? Was the "'88" on my freshman yearbook really just code for "Heil Hitler"? Should I skip 88 when I sing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"? Perhaps we should eliminate all instances of the year 1988 in the history books. But wait! Wasn't 1988 the year George Herbert Walker Bush was elected to the US presidency? I sense a conspiracy! All pianos must be confiscated! Hey! Is that piano bar uptown, 88 Keys, just a neo-Nazi hangout? I should have seen this before, but I was blinded by the beauty and simplicity of two infinity symbols turned on their sides. This is all that cartoon skating girl's fault. "Multiplication Rock" my ass. More like "Math for the Aryan Super Race!"

No comments: