Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Two Thumbs Way Up

I just read Sars' essay on movies she owns and why she likes them, when I realized that I don't own any movies myself. I have The Craft taped from Pay-Per-View, and I have Ab Fab: The Last Shout on an Ab Fab marathon tape I made from Comedy Central on Mother's Day weekend, 1997 (while I was looking for apartments in the City, actually), but I don't have any fancy video tapes with the cardboard cover and whatnot. I really don't count the bad Tori Spelling movie one of the Kozmo guys gave me as a joke. I have a lot of video tapes lying around, though. Buffy Seasons 1-3, random other Buffy episodes, Yoga Essentials with Denise Austin (very perky), tapes of Stephen King miniseries that are half taped over with Buffy episodes, home video of the last day at CLOC, How to Dance the Macarena -- you know, what everyone has at home. But it's gotten to the point where I've watched so much Buffy I can recite the dialogue, so I need other video entertainment.

Movies I Want to Own

Legally Blonde
Zoolander
Bring It On
Election
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Mystery Men
Pretty in Pink
The Wedding Singer
Son-In-Law
(God help me, I love this movie.)
Wild at Heart
Blue Velvet
Pret a Porter (Ready to Wear)
Tank Girl
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
(Hey, maybe I need to see a movie more than 1000 times!)
The Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn
Better Off Dead
Grosse Pointe Blank
Raising Arizona
Backbeat
A Hard Day's Night
Purple Rain
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
The Matrix
Edward Scissorhands
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Boogie Nights
Ed Wood
Hairspray
Serial Mom
Beetlejuice
Earth Girls Are Easy
Mars Attacks!
Pee-Wee's Big Adventure


OK, I'm tapped out for a while. As you can see, I like movies that are colorful and amusing. They make me the happiest. I can watch a serious or sad movie, but I wouldn't want to own it. I loved Philadelphia, but I don't feel that I ever have to see it again. Too much crying.




No comments: