Thursday, July 18, 2002

Quandries

This is crazy. How can I be expected to work a full-time job and be a consultant on a project that I truly believe is destined to fail? But if I say no to the consultancy, I'm a deserter. Loyalty and ethics suck.

In happier news, I am all alone again. All the boys leave, all the time. Well, at least I won't have to worry about how to bring a guy home while my 18-year old niece and her friend are crashed out on my flip-out sofa, Grinda. Yes, I name my furniture. OK, you got me. IKEA named my furniture.

I think stream of consciousness is the best thing for now. My question: what is classic industrial? Can anyone help me with this? Is it Nine Inch Nails? Is it Neubauten? Is it some pretentious little 23-year old twit's idea of how to sell their wretchedly boring little club night to a bunch of equally lame and socially deficient black-clad weirdos who can't manage to get a date? Well, it sounds cool to me, I'll be there.

St. Eve

Now, this is exciting. St. Eve, the fabulous band fronted by the beautiful and talented Gabrielle, will be playing at Alchemy on Monday, July 22. Alchemy is held at the CBGB Gallery (313 Bowery, NYC). It's a swirly Gothic night, from what I remember. Monday's are tough for me, but I may be able to swing this one.

Ah, the concept of blogging is coming together for me. Instead of bombarding my friends with e-mails all day, I can just note all the cool upcoming happenings and current annoying fixations on the blog.

No comments: