Thursday, May 29, 2003

You know You're In Trouble...

When rich people think your tax cut stinks. The other night I saw Warren Buffet, looking like any old retired guy in a cardigan and polo shirt, talking to Ted Koppel about Bush's tax cut. He mentioned that he could get back $3 million on his stock dividends with this cut, but what would that do for the economy? He said that he would just invest it, while you could give $1000 to 30,000 American families who would actually spend it, which is what helps the economy. He was all talkin' in the lay terms and being Joe Regular guy. He stressed that a true tax cut comes with a cut in spending, but laughed at the idea (not because it's impossible, but because no one would ever let it happen). I think I love him. Yes, ours is forbidden love, but he made me understand something about taxes and the economy and for that he will always be in my heart. Alexia + Warren 4 Eva!

No comments: