Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Losing It

I'm depressed and scared and confused. I'm worried that I'm doing the wrong thing and that I should be more responsible and just get a regular job so I can be safe. I'm scared to death. I'm more scared than excited. That makes me depressed. I wish I could talk to my mom about this. That also makes me depressed. I come to work and "So. Central Rain" by R.E.M. is on the radio, and I almost burst into tears. What saved me? Switching to Super 70s and hearing "Makin' It," sung by the erstwhile Dr. Pepper spokesman (spokeswhistler?) and American werewolf in London, David Naughton. Alert readers will recall my fondness for a certain little film called Midnight Madness (the mother of all scavenger hunt movies), which was Naughton's film debut. How could I not love this guy? So, thanks, David Naughton, for the brief reprieve.

No comments: