Friday, May 30, 2003

The End of the Line

Wow! Am I in a good mood or what? After two weeks of waiting and stressing, it's finally over. I feel relaxed and calm, especially because I got my severance in one lump sum. You know what that means! Unemployment, bay-bee! Plus, no freaking about having the money to put down a deposit on a share.

So, I'm feeling fabulous. My skin is better than it's been in nearly a year, I'm all a-shimmer with Nivea reflecting skin cream, my hair is down, my cleavage is showing, and I'm wearing sandals and a skirt. It's going to be 80 degrees today. I even tied a tiger print scarf to my purse. It's an Elle Woods-thing. I have these fantastic sunglasses that are big and black and have sparkly rhinestones in the frames. Funny how a little personal grooming can make you forget your troubles.

But it's over. No more stuffy old people and their family trees. No more cheap board of trustees who don't think it's important to clean your drapes more than once every twelve years. No more brick walls. No more daily commute from hell. At least not this one. I'm so ready to go, right now.

But I'll stick around. They want to have a little get together to show me how much they'll miss me. There better be food or cash, that's all I'm saying.

Today's a day for deleting personal files, filling up floppy disks, trashing old magazines, changing passwords, deleting cookies, changing voice mail, scamming office supplies. Today's a day for tying up loose ends and taking twelve cigarette breaks. Today's a day for early happy hour and much rejoicing. (yay!)

Today rocks!

1 comment:

Kelinci Hias said...

Nice blog & thanks for article.