Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Won't Get Fooled Again!

Dude, it's like The Who in Cincinnati all over again! But on a more serious note, the rest of the article seems to imply that the thing we really don't want is happening. The Muslim world is taking US action against Iraq personally. Golly gee, I sure am glad to have as mortal enemies people who have such spirited religious practices. That makes me feel super safe.

So, what the hell is happening with the Oscars? Let's see. I've only seen one movie that was nominated. Of course, that could be because I only went to the movies twice last year, and Secretary got hosed. How is that possible that I've only seen two movies in a whole year. I remember wanting to see several movies: Lilo & Stitch, The Powerpuff Girls Movie, Spider-man, Harry Potter, and all those smart movies that got nominated. I don't think it's really that I'm too cheap to pay $10 to see a movie (invariably in a nasty theater with talking people), but I'd rather spend my time talking to other people while drinking and smoking. I feel like spending two hours in a dark theater is a waste of my time, when I can eventually watch it on video at home, pause it, recline, smoke, whatever. I'll take the time to see a play, but lately I only go see a movie if it's directed by Peter Jackson and stars Elijah Wood, if you know what I mean. Oh well, I'm sure I'm not missing much. This weekend I watched Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Macao, and My Fair Lady on video. If the movies out now don't hold up after 50 years, I guess I don't need to see them anyway.


No comments: