Thursday, February 13, 2003

Morons on Parade!

Look, kids, I'm no angel. I'll admit that I have been keeping up with Joe Millionaire. I'll admit that I was annoyed that I skipped karate to watch what I thought was going to be the finale. But I got over it, especially since I had a remote in my hand and was able to watch something else. Unfortunately, for some it is not that easy. My favorite quote in this story -- perhaps the quote of the day? -- is: "Fox has lied to us, and I feel that they should be punished for that. ... Bad move, guys. It will be a while before I put my trust back into Fox."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... Gosh, yes. I often put my trust into the megaconglomerate companies that run television networks. And I am so seldom disappointed. This just hit too close to home! Give me a break. Even when the WB made the awful, awful mistake of not throwing all of its money to Buffy, sentencing it to a pathetic, lingering death on UPN, I didn't feel anything like a betrayal of trust. Pissed off, yes. Irritated and confused? Definitely. But these are kind of Alexia default settings anyway. My point is, IT'S JUST TV. Stop watching TV and posting to message boards at the same time. Stop saying things like "Why would [character name] do that?" Um, because the writers made him do it. The real question is, "What are the writers smoking?" Enjoy television, but don't invest your trust in the FOX network. Rupert Murdoch would rip your heart out of your chest as soon as look at you. And Jesus Christ, people, if you want to get upset about a TV show, how about something with a little more worth than freaking Joe Millionaire?

More examples of rampant moron behavior:

A) The New York City Council is wasting time and taxpayer money pushing through a bill that it admits the police will not be spending any time enforcing. What is this new NYC ban, you ask? No cell phones at the theater. If your phone rings at a movie, play, ballet, museum, library or a concert, you may face a $50 fine. How stupid is that? Sure, it's common sense to be polite, but you can't fine someone for being rude. Seriously, that's the height of stupidity.

B) In Iran, even though many people seem to want to celebrate Valentine's Day, the government has said no way. In this case, I can't figure out if it's the people or the government who are more stupid here. On one hand, the "hard-line clerical" government should be more in touch with its people, but on the other hand, Valentine's Day is just a made up holiday to sell cards, candy and flowers. Oh, and trashy lingerie that will only be worn once, but I don't think that applies in Iran.

C) OK, ladies, if you're husband is having an affair, don't try to surgically improve yourself, be the perfect housefrau and offer him more sex. He'll just be excited that he's got two dopes willing to sleep with him and you'll get so pissed off you'll run him over with your big German car. Say it with me if you know the words, D-I-V-O-R-C-E. It seems like no one wants to get divorced anymore! What is this country coming to?

D) The Democrats still haven't figured out that they need to present a united front to defeat George W. Bush in 2004.

2003. The Year of the Moron.

No comments: