Thursday, November 21, 2002

I Like It

I know, anyone can criticize the government these days and come off amusing, but I really like Mark Fiore's cartoons. The animation and voices give it that extra something other editorial cartoons lack. He must be a very cynical man, though. It seems nothing escapes his wicked treatment.

Hey, that headline makes me think of the song "Two Ladies" from Cabaret. I've noticed the trend of high schools doing this show, and I have to wonder at what point toddlers start wearing belly shirts and making "booty play date calls." I'm all for sex and sexuality, but if nothing is taboo, is anything interesting? They're selling thongs and leather pants to twelve-year olds, Crustina Aguilera is naked on MTV and on magazine covers, and oral sex is more popular than marijuana at middle schools. You know what happens after a period of freedom and hedonism, don't you? Well, let's take a look at the federal government today. Hmm, Republicans. Conservative folk. And it's about that time, about time for argyle sweater sets and high buttoned collars to make the scene again. I can only pray that this actually happens. I'd rather see a rash of new Young Republicans roaming the streets than more pre-teen hoochie mamas. I can't stand it. I waited until I was halfway through college before I got trashy, and that was only after dark. I guess I just don't understand because I'm old. That's pretty sad, you know? Oh well, I've been crotchety for years already, a little more will only enhance my character.

No comments: