Friday, October 04, 2002

My Girl Wants to Party All the Time

Tonight is my birthday party. I'm excited. I hope people show up. Yesterday was a pretty good day, birthday-wise. It started out very well, but printer trauma kind of made me grumpy. My family left messages on my machine for me. I did get to talk to my brother briefly, but I was leaving for karate class when he called. I'm impressed that everyone in my immediate family remembered me, though. I guess 29 Septembers of my pre-birthday chatter sunk in. Karate was a killer, but I was glad I went. I was a little depressed before I left, and I just wanted to watch TV and eat ice cream, but I knew that would only make me feel worse, while karate would make me feel better. And it did! I've been to eight classes now, and I'm really starting to get it. There isn't a lot of personal instruction, so I end up learning a lot from the people I partner with for targeted kicking and punching and the self-defense moves. I keep getting broken blood vessels between my ring and pinky fingers, so I have to watch my fist position on the punches. Hey, I may not make it to Jennifer Garner level, but I have a feeling I could get pretty good at this.

Legally Auburn

Wednesday night, I stopped by the drugstore on my way home for a couple of things and ended up buying hair dye and a VHS copy of Legally Blonde. I colored my hair, lightened my eyebrows to red (Jolene Creme Bleach is great for that) and painted my nails, all twenty of them. The hair is Intense Copper Red and the nails are this great electric blue shade called Orbit. Watching that movie always makes me feel so good, too. It motivates me to be pretty and perky, neither of which I am ashamed to want to be. The whole getting up at 6:30 am thing helps, too. You just can't get cute and together in thirty minutes. I need ninety. Today I'm feeling it, but the weather is conspiring against me. Dismal and spitting rain. I guess I won't be worried about that tonight, when I'm wearing my blue velvet-flocked, bias cut Chetta B evening gown and rhinestones. I know it's over the top, but at least I didn't bring the tiara. Hey, it's only Alexia's Birthday once a year! I'm still petitioning for national holiday status, but until then, I'll treat it like one!

No comments: