Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Karaoke Update

I am a bitter, begrudging woman.

Therefore, I'm not re-entering the karaoke contest at Pieces or singing there period. Laugh if you will, but I have actually avoided Pieces for up to six months in the past. It's even easier to go and simply avoid singing. Why should I waste my time and voice performing for those ungrateful children? And since I can't really punish my friends who didn't show (you only had to be there from midnight to 1 am, kids!), I have to be able to do something. I know it sounds silly and sulky, but Jesus Christ! All the best singers were Tamyra-ed. The three winners didn't even fall into the top five of best performers, in my oh-so humble opinion. So, forget the popularity contest. I can't win. Times have changed; my friends at Pieces don't show on Saturday and usually leave by 10 anyway. Frees up my Tuesdays for Buffy anyway, not that I'm super excited about that. The premiere was great, but subsequent episodes have been disappointing.

Also, and this is somewhat important, I refuse to compete against my Prozac-taking, formerly-psychotic, ex-roommate. At the very least, being there means I have to listen to her overly-enthusiastic reports of her "life," repeated self-referencing to her greatly increased weight, rambling about her Native American heritage and her general lunacy. At the most, I have to suffer the humiliation of having lost to her drunken rendition of "Me and Bobby McGee." Why should I? Hey, I think Psychic Cafe has Tuesday karaoke...

No comments: