Wednesday, October 02, 2002

I Hope I Get It

Feel free to hum the opening to A Chorus Line and run through the combination. I was selected as one of the three winners in last night's karaoke auditions. That means I go on to the quarter-finals. I've never been very good at understanding tournaments, so I'll just go to whatever they tell me to go to and sing something. Last night I did "Boy From New York City," which is usually well-received (and was). I like to try to look at everybody in the audience individually. Very flirty. I think the original version is strangely paced, so I do it a la The Manhattan Transfer, without the high notes. I'm not sure what to do for the quarter-finals. I don't think it's the right time to pull out the big guns, just yet. But I still want to guarantee a spot in the semis. Looks like I'll be spending some quality time with the song book next Tuesday.

I ever had a son, I would name him Armistead.

No comments: