Monday, July 14, 2003

What Makes You Happy Isn't Always Good For You

Balance is hard. I had the most amazing weekend with my sweetheart, but I forgot to go to my unemployment insurance meeting, and I overslept this morning because I was freaking out about it. I need to balance. I need to get the things on my list done.

But I did have a fantastic time on Sunday. We went to Coney Island and did a little bit of everything. We lay out on the beach for three hours, has a couple of beers at Ruby's, ate hot dogs an corn on the cob, rode the Wonder Wheel and the Cyclone, played Skee-ball, and saw two guys ride motorcycles inside a spherical metal cage with a lady standing in the middle. Then we had dinner at a nice Indian restaurant in Manhattan. It was lovely. I haven't been this happy in a long time, and I don't want to let a little bit of stress get in the way of it. So I'll just get what I need to do done, and enjoy the rest.

No comments: