Tuesday, July 22, 2003

A New Low For Broadcast News

So there I am, watching TV, and all day it's nothing but "special reports." Breaking news! Saddams's sons might be dead! Also, Pfc. Jessica Lynch is coming home! Also, Celia Cruz's funeral procession is going down the street! Hey, Saddam's sons are dead! Wow! Good thing you told me now. I sure couldn't have waited for the evening news or tomorrow's paper for this important news. There's no way I would have wanted to go about my day without this vital information. And what would I do without the new, flashy graphic on ABC, "Sons of Saddam"? How would I know what the story was about? The worst was when CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and ABC had all finished their "special reports" on the confirmation of the deaths of Saddam's sons, UPN comes on with "breaking news"! Huh? This ain't news anymore, fools. How dare you interrupt Family Feud for a minutes-old story?

No comments: