Tuesday, July 08, 2003

A Star Is Born

Okay, so maybe that's an overstatement, but I had the most amazing show last night. I'm singing on Monday nights at Stonewall Bar in Greenwich Village, and last night was my first official solo show. At 8 pm, I was ready to go, but as I got on stage, the microphone failed, and we had to stop the show. I had a feeling there was just a knob that needed to be turned, but we had to have the sound guy come, all the way from Queens, to find which knob it was. Finally, around 9:15, the sound was fixed, and I went on.

I was doing several new songs, some of which I had just finished learning that afternoon. I was very pleased that I remembered most of the lyrics, and everytime I forgot them, I feel like I covered very well. The feeling of being up there, in the light, with everyone looking at me, was very powerful. I always get that vibe when I'm on stage, but I haven't been on stage for that long, by myself, before. I loved it! Everyone was so supportive and complimentary, I wasn't able to self-deprecate, which is a nice change of pace.

If anyone is in the area, please come on down Monday nights at 8 pm. No cover, 2-for-1 happy hour, and smoking! Stonewall is located on Christopher Street, between 6th and 7th Avenues, on the same side of the street as The Duplex.

Set List

Set 1
"Boy From New York City"
"Que Sera, Sera"
"Downtown"
"Leader of the Pack"
"Everything's Coming Up Roses"

Set 2
"Frank Mills"
"Fever"
"Harper Valley P.T.A."
"Walkin' After Midnight"
"Stand By Your Man"

No comments: