Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Oh, You Want Me to Blog?

Hey, I'm doing the best that I can. I work three mornings a week at the front desk of a music school, during which I have no internet access. Once or twice a week, I'm in a ticket broker's tiny Manhattan studio apartment, "assisting". No really, I do the filing and stuff. Every Monday, I have to put together a two set show, get gussied up, and perform. Also, I like to spend time with my boyfriend and my drinking buddies. When I am online, I'm putting together my budget, paying my bills, looking for jobs, managing my Avon business, selling stuff on eBay, reading my e-mail, checking the Survivor recap, and syncing my Palm Pilot. So, I'm not reeling with free time for blogging. But, if you insist...

OK, the requested topics were Michael Jackson, a naked samurai, Gore's endorsement of Dean, and Christmas shopping.

Michael Jackson: It's all very unfortunate, but considering that I don't figure I'll be sending my kids to the Neverland Ranch anytime soon, I really don't care if he's a child molester. I already thought he was a freak and haven't bought any of his albums. In my opinion, this is for the courts to decide. But one thing I can say, I believe that there is an extreme possibility that the case is financially motivated. However, not being privy to evidence, speculating beyond that would be irresponsible.

Naked samurai? I had to look this one up. Turns out some guy hacked up his wife in the Bronx. It's a horrible story. Then the idiot cop fired 14 times, somehow also shooting her partner. I guess she was afraid of the sword, since she was taken to the hospital for trauma. I would be freaked out, I'm sure. Blades scare the hell out of me. Just thinking about what the victim went through is making my skin hurt. Ok, that's enough of that.

Gore endorsed Howard Dean. So, the guy who couldn't get it together to win an electoral majority over George "Dumb? Yeah" Bush after his predecessor -- to whom he was Vice-President -- left office in an up economy endorsed someone for the Democratic nomination. Who cares? The Democrats are already fucked. It's like five guys who are basically the same. You want to win an election, bring in something exciting, like, say, Hillary Rodham Clinton. Or Geraldo Rivera. So Gore didn't endorse one of the reasons he didn't win in 2000. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. Gore didn't endorse a candidate who has no chance in hell of winning? Unbelievable! Let's get set for 4 more years of war-mongering and isolationism, because the next Democrat to be President will also have the last name of a former POTUS, and I ain't talkin' about George Clinton. Although that would be so cool. The US could use some funking up. Bow wow wow yippee-o yippee-ay....

What's in for Christmas? DVDs! Everybody loves them. They're better gifts than tapes, because they seem "high-tech". Hot titles? I'd say Lord of the Rings, Matrix Reloaded, the Indiana Jones set, and TV show sets like Alias and Friends. I already did almost all of my shopping, using Amazon.com and Avon. Haven't left the house for a present yet. I hate shopping, though. Stores are too hot and you have your coat on, and there are other people (which you know I hate), and you have to carry a bunch of crap... it's just not worth it. I hardly even shop for myself. One thing to beware of are the gift cards. I just read that many of them take out fees for waiting to use them, and they put that in the super fine print. So, you think you have a $20 gift card, but if you wait 6 months to use it, it turns out to be like a $14 gift card. That's crap! You should check the rules if you go that route. My nephew wants cash, but I'm going to trick him by hiding a $10 bill in a book. Who knows what he's saving up for, but I'm not contributing to some violent video game or a stack of stroke books, that's for sure. Oh, wait, I guess I am, but not much.

OK, can I go now? I'm hungry, and I hardly ever get a chance to sit down and eat these days.

No comments: