Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Recent Shocking Events

Sure, it's big news that the US captured Saddam Hussein. I'll admit that I was surprised. Good for those special forces. I know the Iraqi "government" wants to execute him, but I don't think that's such a good idea. Of course, I don't believe in the death penalty. To me, it makes no sense to punish a murderer with murder. It's basically hypocritical, and doesn't really punish the offender. At least the UN is coming out against execution, but they may have no say in the matter. I'm sure the US government will make sure to torture him until he says he had weapons of mass destruction. In the end, the most interesting part of the story to me is that they found him at all.

Now, a much more riveting story is the one about Strom Thurmond and his jungle fever. I'm just disappointed she waited until he was dead to come out with this. I would have loved to have heard his reaction. I applaud his family for acknowledging the woman as his daughter, but it's still disappointing that he supported and acknowledged her in private for her whole life, rather than in public. Also, the fact that she allowed his career to be more important to her than his hypocrisy makes me sick. I'm so glad nothing has happened to make me stop disliking Strom Thurmond. Even dead he strikes me as an unmitigated piece of shit. Way to go, South Carolina!

No comments: