Thursday, December 25, 2003

Yule Love It!

I know. You're shocked that I'm awake so early, on a holiday, no less. Well, I was awakened this lovely X-Mas morn at 7:55 by the gentle strains of some crazy old woman yelling to another woman across the street while her big dog barked in protest. It was beautiful! I had to open my window and yell at them to move it along. What a great way to start the day!

I figured I might as well get up, what with the sun shining and all, so I turned on channel 11 to watch the Yule log. The news was still on, so I left the TV on and rolled over for a few more winks. Around 9 am, I kicked the cat off the bed, made it up, and did a couple of stretches. I showered, then went out for milk. I was thinking about making French toast, then I remembered that that would be unpatriotic, so I opted for Cream of Wheat. When I got home, I turned on the Yule log (a video of a fireplace with Christmas music playing in the background), turned on the tree, lit some holiday type candles, and started breakfast. I figured since it's a holiday, I deserved a big one. Coffee, grapefruit juice (my favorite juice), scrambled eggs with thyme, wheat toat, and Cream of Wheat with whole blueberries and milk. Yum! So, nobody needs to feel sorry for me that I'm staying home for Christmas.

No comments: