Thursday, August 14, 2003

Ask A Stupid Question...

I'm all for provoking sensationalist dialogue, but RNN's poll question today is just terribly worded:

Could Iraq Become Another Watergate?

Well, let's see. Iraq is a country, the Watergate is a hotel. So, I'm saying, no. Probably not.

Or do they mean could the Iraq situation become another Watergate scandal? Again, situation in Iraq; war. Watergate scandal; political crime. So, I'm still not seeing the connection.

Could the situation in Iraq have the same consequences as the Watergate scandal? Considering that Bush's approval rating remains quite high in spite of the snafu that is the war in Iraq, I doubt he'll be pressured to resign. Or have I missed something in the past day or so? One of New York's tabloids featured a big picture of Bush cuddling his terrier today, so I doubt it.

This question sucks, but it is good for mocking.

No comments: