Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Zany in Zanesville

Well, Cambridge, actually, but that doesn't sound as good as Zanesville. On our way here from Baraboo, we stopped in Plainfield, IN, and my sister and brother-in-law came out to meet me. I haven't seen my sister since my dad's funeral in September 2007. It seems like the time just slips away from me,and I never see my family, or even my friends who live in the same city! I've become such a homebody that I'd rather spend all of my free time at home with my husband. I think I need to get out more!

We actually changed hotels here in Cambridge. Yesterday we were at a just adequate Day Inn (with no microwave and no wireless internet!), and today we are at the super swank Hampton Inn, just a few steps away. I also experienced Sheetz MTO, which is a big deal in Pennsylvania and apparently also western Ohio. It's just a regular gas station and convenience store, but they have dozens of types of fountain drinks, slushies and coffees, and you can get any size, even 44 oz, for just 49 cents. you can also order made to order (hence, MTO) sandwiches and other assorted food items on a touch screen. None of that pesky talking to people nonsense. Then, when you pay, they arbitrarily discount a dollar or so, with no explanation. OK! I'm sold on Sheetz!

The weather's been just lovely, and we've been blessed clear skies. We head down south tomorrow morning to Newberry, SC. Tonight we play somewhere in Cambridge, I honestly can't remember where. Haven't had a show in two days, though, so I feel all rusty! Better get warmed up! La la la, me me me...

No comments: