Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Plush Velvet Sometimes...

Although I'm not starting to feel broke yet, I know I should be soon, so I'm prepping for that. Thankfully, I've always been frugal. No, not a cheapskate, FRUGAL. Just ignore what I said about Victoria's Secret the other day, and think about how I can make a meatloaf that lasts for four meals for under $4. I buy store brand canned vegetables and Angel Soft toilet paper (cheap and non-linty!). I pay my bills online and I negotiated my checking account fees down. My only credit cards are American Express, and after my shopping spree last week, I won't allow myself any clothes shopping until at least summer.

It really is amazing how I can live on $250 a week, in New York, even. Plus, I take cabs and only drink top shelf. How can this be? I need to start analyzing my every expenditure. Still, I'm looking at quitting smoking as the most lucrative endeavor ever.

Speaking of, how great do my lungs feel this winter? This is the first winter in years that I didn't get bronchitis. Last year I had it for five weeks. I was miserable. Just wait until I decide to exercise. I'm sure I'll notice a difference there, too.

No comments: